2018 Webinar: A Fisheries Perspective on Timber Sale Design
Photo by Justin Meissen
Wildlife biologists and foresters have been collaborating for many years on timber sale planning, however it has only been fairly recently that fisheries biologists and foresters have started to work together. Site level guidelines provide a basic framework for timber harvest in riparian areas, and traditional views often advocated staying out of riparian areas altogether. Selective harvest or planting within riparian areas has the potential to improve stream habitat. Beaver management, culvert placement, road construction and leave tree requirements can all be improved by thinking like a fisheries biologist.
Date: Tuesday December 18, 2018 from noon to 1pm (Central)
Speaker: Jeff Tillma, Minnesota DNR-Fisheries
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2018 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 SAF CFE. Credits only availble to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, email@example.com or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Details on our entire 2018 webinar series.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.