2018 Webinar: Managing Deer Browse for Forest Health: Insights from the Great Lakes Silviculture Library
Managing browse from white-tailed deer is an everyday challenge for Minnesota’s natural resource managers. This two-part presentation will include a presentation of results from a long-term exclosure study in mixed-woods along Minnesota’s North Shore from Mark White, forest ecologist with the Nature Conservancy. We’ll then transition to discussing the use of shelterwood silvicultural treatments and seedling protection treatments in oak-dominated forests in central Minnesota, presented by John Geissler of St. John’s Abbey Arboretum. These presentations will draw from new and existing case studies published on the Great Lakes Silviculture Library .
Date: Tuesday July 17, 2018 from noon to 1pm (Central)
Speaker: Mark White, The Nature Conservancy and John Geissler, St. John’s Abbey Arboretum
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2018 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 SAF CFE and 1.0 Certified Arborist, Municipal Specialist, and BCMA- Management CEU. Credits only availble to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, email@example.com or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, email@example.com (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, email@example.com
Details on our entire 2018 webinar series.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6403.