2018 Webinar: Urban Forest Inventory and Analysis in Minnesota
In 2014 the U.S. Forest Service initiated the Urban Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program. Urban FIA is an annualized inventory of trees in urban settings that provides information on the extent, character, and condition of urban trees and forest. With the help of state and local partners, Urban FIA has expanded from two cities in 2014 to 29 cities today. In 2017 Urban FIA came to Minneapolis. In this presentation we will go over the major features of the inventory, including information about implementation in Minnesota.
Date: Tuesday June 19, 2018 from noon to 1pm (Central)
Speakers: Chris Edgar, UMN Department of Forest Resources and Mark Majewsky, USDA Forest Service
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2018 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 SAF CFE and 1.0 Certified Arborist, Municipal Specialist, and BCMA- Management CEU. Credits only availble to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, email@example.com or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Details on our entire 2018 webinar series.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.