2018 Webinar: Forest Inventory with LiDAR: Minnesota’s Approach
Natural resource managers are increasingly turning to cutting-edge technologies for a less expensive and robust forest inventory. In northern Minnesota, a high density LiDAR-derived forest inventory project is underway across multiple ownerships. This webinar will discuss the methods, accuracy, and costs in implementing high density LiDAR in forest resource assessments at landscape scales.
Date: Tuesday November 20, 2018 from noon to 1pm (Central)
Speaker: Dennis Kepler, Minnesota DNR
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2018 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 SAF CFE. Credits only availble to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, email@example.com or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, email@example.com (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, email@example.com
Details on our entire 2018 webinar series.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6403.