2018 Webinar: Genetic Impacts of Harvesting and Regeneration
When considering a stand for harvest most resource managers would agree that genetic variation is an important consideration for the long-term health and survival of the next generation. However, when pressed, most would say they are following best silvicultural practices but agree that they really do not know how their actions actually impact genetic variation. Together we will investigate commonly used harvest systems and discuss regeneration options that maintain genetic variation in the next generation and provide opportunities for addressing changes in climate. Come one, come all, no prior knowledge of genetics or forest genetics required.
Date: Tuesday September 18, 2018 from noon to 1pm (Central)
Speaker: Andy David, UMN-FR and Cloquet Forestry Center
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2018 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 SAF CFE. Credits only availble to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, email@example.com or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Details on our entire 2018 webinar series.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.