2019 Forestry Webinar Series
We are pleased to announce our 2019 webinar series. Each session includes a 45-minute presentation and live questions and answers.
We will record each webinar and post it on the SFEC YouTube Channel. Recordings are typically available within one week of the live broadcast.
Continuing Education Credits: Continuing education credit information will be added below as it becomes available.
Dates, topics, and speakers
An Update on the Health of Minnesota's Forests
Date: Tuesday January 15, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Brian Schwingle, MN DNR
Details and recording from the January 2019 webinar
Minnesota's Changing Climate
Date: Tuesday February 12, 2019 from noon-1pm *note this date is different from our normal third Tuesday schedule
Speaker: Kenny Blumenfeld, MN DNR State Climatology Office
Details and recording from the February 2019 webinar
Date: Tuesday March 19, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Mike Larson, MN DNR
Details and recording from the March 2019 webinar
Update on Invasive Plants in Minnesota's Forests
Date: Tuesday April 16, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Monika Chandler, MN Department of Agriculture
Details and recording for the April 2019 webinar
Understanding Treaty Rights and Obligations
Date: Tuesday May 21, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Joseph Bauerkemper, University of Minnesota Duluth
Details and recording for the May 2019 webinar
Treaty Rights and the Chippewa National Forest
Date: Tuesday June 18, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Doug Thompson, US Forest Service
Details and recording for the June 2019 webinar
Oak Wilt: Biology, Distribution, and Management Approaches
Date: Tuesday July 16, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speakers: Jennifer Juzwik, USFS-NRS, Laura Reuling, UMN-Forest Resources, and Ben Walker, Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
Details and recording for the July 2019 webinar
Understanding Family Forest Landowners in the Lake States
Date: Tuesday August 20, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Stephanie Snyder, USDA Forest Service-Northern Research Station
Details and registration for the August 2019 webinar
On-the-job Experimentation: How to Learn More from Your Daily Woods Work
Date: Thursday September 19, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Eli Sagor, UMN-Cloquet Forestry Center
Details and registration for the September 2019 webinar
Expanded Climate Adaptation Resources from NIACS
Date: Tuesday October 15, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speakers: Stephen Handler, Leslie Brandt, and Danielle Shannon, USDA NIACS
Details and registration for the October 2019 webinar
All-lands Forest Stand Mapping
Date: Tuesday November 19, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Chris Beal, Superior National Forest
Details and registration for the November 2019 webinar
Date: Tuesday December 17, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Jon Steigerwaldt, Ruffed Grouse Society
Details and registration for the December webinar
Register here to watch on your own computer. The cost is $50 for the entire 2018 series or $20 for each individual webinar. We will send you connection instructions by email one week in advance and again the day before the webinar. Please note that if you are registering just before or during the webinar, you will experience a delay in receiving the connection instructions.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site. We may add more broadcast sites; check back for updates.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter: firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch: email@example.com or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact Michael Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.