2019 Webinar: An update on invasive plants in Minnesota’s forests
Image by Dan Mullen
A variety of invasive plants are currently found across Minnesota and are being controlled by natural resource managers. In forests, buckthorn, garlic mustard, and common tansy are common invasive plants that present problems with establishing tree regeneration and creating wildlife habitat. But what is the current distribution of these plants and why should managers be concerned about their spread? Join us as Monika Chandler with the Minnesota Department of Agriculture provides an update on invasive plants in this webinar.
Date: Tuesday April 16, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Monika Chandler, Noxious and Invasive Weeds Specialist, MN Department of Agriculture
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 CFE by SAF. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, email@example.com or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, email@example.com (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, email@example.com
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6403.