2019 Webinar: Understanding family forest landowners in the Lake States
Across the United States, family forest landowners control more forests than any other ownership group. This is particularly evident in the Lake States where family forest landowners own and make decisions on approximately 25 million acres of forests. The activities and reasons for owning forests range considerably across this ownership group, from forest owners that are actively engaged in the management of their woods to those that conduct little if any management. This webinar will discuss findings from the National Woodland Owner Survey and explore key behaviors and demographics about this important ownership group in the Lake States.
Date: Tuesday August 20, 2019 from noon-1pm central
Speaker: Stephanie Snyder, USDA Forest Service-Northern Research Station
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 CFE by SAF. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
Register here for the August webinar
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site:
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact: Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact: Rita Koch, email@example.com or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact: Michael Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.