2019 Webinar: Oak Wilt: Biology, Distribution, and Management Approaches
Oak wilt is an important disease affecting primarily red oaks throughout the region. Recent apparent range expansion to the north and west has caused concern among foresters in recent years. A variety of treatment options are available to manage oak wilt outbreaks in forested settings. At this webinar we’ll hear first from Jenny Juzwik, a research pathologist with the USFS Northern Research Station on the state of knowledge about oak wilt in Minnesota. We’ll then hear from Laura Reuling of the UMN Department of Forest Resources (formerly of Wisconsin DNR) and Ben Walker of the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest about forest-based treatment options they have tested and described on the Great Lakes Silviculture Library.
Date: Tuesday July 16, 2019 from noon-1pm central
Speakers: Jennifer Juzwik, USFS-NRS, Laura Reuling, UMN-Forest Resources, and Ben Walker, Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 CFE by SAF. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
Register here for the July webinar
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site:
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact: Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact: Rita Koch, email@example.com or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact: Michael Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.