2019 Webinar: Treaty Rights and the Chippewa National Forest
Photo courtesy of Andrea Brandon
This webinar builds on our May “Understand Treaty Rights and Obligations” webinar. We will hear from Doug Thompson, Tribal Relations Specialist with the Chippewa National Forest who will provide an overview on how treaty rights apply to the Chippewa National Forest. We’ll then hear from Andrea Brandon of The Nature Conservancy who will introduce the Sand Plains Pine Project, a current real-world applied example of how treaty rights are currently affecting land management.
Date: Tuesday June 18, 2019 from noon-1pm
Speakers: Doug Thompson, USFS and Andrea Brandon, The Nature Conservancy
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 CFE by SAF. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, email@example.com (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, email@example.com
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-6403.