2019 Webinar: Structured Decision Making
An approach to solving problems in natural resources management
Structured decision making (SDM) is a flexible and robust approach to making difficult choices. It can be used by an individual or as the framework for collaborative decision making, and it can take as little as a few minutes or as much as many months. Most importantly, SDM yields decisions that are more likely to achieve your objectives and are more likely to be accepted by others. I will provide an overview of SDM, including the 5 main components of every decision, and examples of its application in managing natural resources, primarily wildlife. This presentation is designed for natural resource professionals in a variety of roles, from on the ground practitioners to higher level managers.
Date: March 19, 2019 from noon to 1pm
Speaker: Mike Larson, Supervisor & Decision Analyst, Forest Wildlife Research, MN DNR, Grand Rapids
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 CFE by SAF. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter, email@example.com or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org (218) 235-2160.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.