2019 Webinar: All Lands Forest Stand Mapping
A major obstacle to effective landscape-scale vegetation management across multiple ownerships is acquiring and utilizing all the datasets relevant to a large project area. To address this issue, the Superior National Forest and The Nature Conservancy have been developing a repeatable workflow that synthesizes existing GIS datasets into a seamless, generalized stand layer for the forested regions of Minnesota. In this webinar, I will provide an overview of our approach, share the latest results of this effort, and discuss how these products might help land managers describe the existing condition of forests and identify restoration needs within a large project area.
Date: Tuesday November 19, 2019 from noon-1pm central
Speaker: Chris Beal, Superior National Forest
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: Continuing education credits will be available for this webinar. More information will be posted as it becomes available. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
Register here for the November webinar
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site:
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact: Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact: Rita Koch, email@example.com or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact: Michael Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.