2019 Webinar: Expanded Climate Adaptation Resources from NIACS
Climate change presents new challenges for land owners and natural resource managers interested in sustaining healthy forested ecosystems over the long term. The Northern Institute of Applied Science has led the development of climate adaptation strategies and approaches to help natural resource professionals respond to site-specific vulnerabilities. These approaches have been designed for a variety of natural resource topics, which can be used with the NIACS Adaptation Workbook. This webinar will describe some of the adaptation strategies and approaches that are current available and applicable to – Urban forests, Forested Watersheds, Wildlife Management and Tribal Perspectives. Land managers can use these resources to select appropriate actions based on their unique project location and goals.
Date: Tuesday October 15, 2019 from noon-1pm Central
Speakers: Stephen Handler, Leslie Brandt, and Danielle Shannon, USDA NIACS
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: Continuing education credits will be available for this webinar. More information will be posted as it becomes available. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
Register here for the October webinar
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site:
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact: Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact: Rita Koch, email@example.com or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact: Michael Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.