2019 Webinar: On-the-job Experimentation: How to Learn More from Your Daily Woods Work
Every silviculture treatment is an experiment. But in complex systems like forests, it can be hard to know with confidence what factors drove the outcomes you observed. Not knowing limits your ability to achieve, or avoid, those outcomes next time around. We'll review a few basic principles you can use in your daily work to grow the confidence with which you interpret the outcomes of your work. Ideas like formulating specific questions, using replication, including control treatments and (very) basic structured analysis can all help accelerate learning and continuous improvement in your work.
Date: Thursday September 19, 2019 from noon-1pm central
Speaker: Eli Sagor, UMN-Cloquet Forestry Center
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2019 series
CEUs: Continuing education credits will be available for this webinar. More information will be posted as it becomes available. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
Register here for the September webinar
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site:
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Madison Rodman, email@example.com or (218) 726-6403.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, email@example.com.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact: Caitlin Barale Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact: Rita Koch, email@example.com or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact: Michael Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, email@example.com or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact Madison Rodman at email@example.com or 218-726-6403.