2020 Forestry Webinar Series
We are pleased to announce our 2020 webinar series. Each session includes an approximately 45-minute presentation and live questions and answers. There are two ways to participate: Watch live on your computer for a small fee or with others at a local broadcast site at no charge.
2020 Dates, Topics, and Speakers
Thinking Like a Pond: Beavers and Watershed Management in the Western Great Lakes
Date: Tuesday January 21, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Steve K. Windels, Voyageurs National Park and Department of Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology, University of Minnesota
Details and registration for the January 2020 webinar
Site Matters! Quantifying Regeneration After Silvicultural Treatments in Black Ash Stands
Date: Tuesday February 18, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Marcella Windmuller-Campione, UMN Department of Forest Resources
Details and registration for the February 2020 webinar
Status of Elk Restoration in Northeast Minnesota
Date: Tuesday March 17, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Mike Schrage, Fond du Lac Resource Management Division
Details and registration for the March 2020 webinar
Herbicide Use in Forestry
Date: Tuesday April 21, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Dale Sutherland, Nutrien Solutions
Details and registration for the April 2020 webinar
Operationalizing Adaptive Silviculture for Climate Change in Minnesota
Date: Tuesday May 19, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speakers: Linda Nagel, Colorado State University and Brian Palik, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
Details and registration for the May 2020 webinar
Restoring Fire-Dependent Woodlands through the Sand Plains Partnership
Date: Tuesday June 16, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Andrea Brandon, The Nature Conservancy
Details and registration for the June 2020 webinar
An Update on Northern Long-eared Bat and Canada Lynx Management and Monitoring on the Superior National Forest
Date: Tuesday July 21, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speakers: Ron Moen, University of Minnesota Duluth and Dan Ryan, Superior National Forest
Details and registration for the July 2020 webinar
The Future of the Forest Products Industry
Date: Tuesday August 18, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Katie Fernholz, Dovetail Partners, Inc
Details and registration for the August 2020 webinar
Emerald Ash Borer: Current Status, Trends, and New Resources for Landowners and Managers
Date: Tuesday September 15, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speakers: Angie Ambourn, Minnesota Department of Agriculture and Matt Russell, UMN Department of Forest Resources
Details and registration for the September 2020 webinar
Practical Applications of an Indigenous Model of Sustainability
Date: Tuesday October 20, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Mike Dockry, University of Minnesota Department of Forest Resources
Details and registration for the October 2020 webinar coming soon
Forest Health Updates from Across Minnesota
Date: Tuesday November 17, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speakers: MN DNR Forest Health Specialists
Details and registration for the November 2020 webinar
Forest Carbon and Its Role in Greenhouse Gas Removals and Emissions
Date: December 15, 2020 from noon-1pm
Speaker: Grant Domke, USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
Details and registration for the December 2020 webinar
How to tune in:
Register here to watch on your own computer. The cost is $50 for the entire 2018 series or $20 for each individual webinar. We will send you connection instructions by email one week in advance and again the day before the webinar. Please note that if you are registering just before or during the webinar, you will experience a delay in receiving the connection instructions.
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site. We may add more broadcast sites; check back for updates.
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-409-6115.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, email@example.com or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact Caitlin Barale Potter: email@example.com or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact Rita Koch: firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact Michael Carson: email@example.com.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, email@example.com
All interested learners are welcome. For accommodations related to ability please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.