2020 Webinar: Site Matters! Quantifying Regeneration After Silvicultural Treatments in Black Ash Stands
There has been some research in Minnesota on species that can potentially replace ash in a future with emerald ash borer. Little work has been done investigating if non-ash species can naturally regenerate following harvesting in black ash stands. Marcella Windmuller-Campione with the University of Minnesota-Department of Forest Resources will present the findings of a study examining regeneration following three silvicultural techniques (clearcut with reserves, diameter-limit harvests, and group selection) and the susceptibility of these forests to EAB in the future.
Date: Tuesday February 18, 2020 from noon-1pm central
Speaker: Marcella Windmuller-Campione, University of Minnesota Department of Forest Resources
Cost: $20 per webinar or $50 for the entire 2020 series
CEUs: This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CAT1 CFE by SAF. Credits only available to those that watch on their computer live or at a broadcast site.
Register here for the February webinar
You may also watch for no charge (and without registering) at a local broadcast site:
- Cloquet: Cloquet Forestry Center, 175 University Rd, Cloquet MN 55720. Contact: Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115.
- Crookston: 205 Owen Hall on the University of Minnesota – Crookston campus, 2900 University Ave, Crookston, MN 56716. Contact: Phil Baird, email@example.com or (218) 281-8130.
- Duluth: Natural Resources Research Institute, 5013 Miller Trunk Highway, Duluth MN 55811. Contact: Kristi Nixon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- East Bethel: Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, 2660 Fawn Lake Drive NE, East Bethel, MN 55005. Contact: Caitlin Barale Potter, email@example.com or (612) 301-2602.
- Ely: Vermilion Community College, 1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731. Contact: Rita Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 235-2160.
- Grand Rapids: North Central Research and Outreach Center, 1861 Highway 169 East, Grand Rapids, MN 55744. Contact: Michael Carson: email@example.com.
- St Paul: Green Hall, Room 19, UMN St Paul campus, 1530 Cleveland Avenue North, St Paul, MN 55108. Contact: Eli Sagor, firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 409-6115 or Matt Russell, email@example.com.